The USAID HEC Flood Affected Scholarship 2023-24 is designed to provide financial support and educational opportunities to individuals adversely affected by floods in Pakistan.
Undergraduate Scholarship Funding of Two Semesters for Flood 2022 Affected Students:
The big floods in Pakistan hurt lots of things like buildings and jobs. Students from flooded areas might have to quit college because they don’t have enough money.
But a particular program, paid for by USAID, has been giving money to poor students since 2004. Now, they’re giving money to students affected by the floods so that they can stay in college for two semesters.
This helps them when money is tight, and they go to thirty universities.
- Student must participate/enroll in 2nd,3rd, 4th,5th,6th, or 7th semester in Fall 2023 in a four/five years undergraduate degree program.
- There’s room for all disciplines and subjects.
- Students must be from District, Sub District/ UC Tehsils affected by Food identified by the Government of Pakistan/PDMA/ District Administration.
- Students must prove the flood effect on their houses or agricultural land etc.
- Shortlist students will be interviewed by the Institutional Scholarship Award Committee (ISAC) of the University for consideration of financial assistance.
- 50% of scholarships are reserved for female students.
- The scholarship will cover Tuition Fees for two semesters, i.e., Fall 2023 and Spring 2024
- It will also cover Boarding & Lodging Transportation and other Academic Costs for two semesters.
How to apply?
- Students can apply through the following HEC Online Application System: https://usaidmnbsp-fas.hec.gov.pk/
- Submit the printout form and supporting documents to the student financial aid offices of the university.
For more information, visit the HEC website https://www.hec.gov.pk/ or Click Here.
Deadline For Applying:
The closing date for the USAID HEC Flood Affected Scholarship 2023-24 online application is August 16, 2023.
Here is the list of all participating Universities;
SCHOLARSHIP AWARD PROCESS:
- The applications of all potential candidates are checked by the Institutional Scholarship Award Committee (ISAC). The committee is covered by the Vice Chancellor of the participating institution, along with members from the institution and external members. This is done to ensure impartiality and transparency for this Scholarship.
- The Scholarship Management Committee (SMC) reviews thoroughly before approving eligible cases.
- The participating institute will transfer funds to the awarded students upon finalization.
Conclusion (USAID HEC Flood Affected Scholarship 2023-24):
The USAID HEC Flood Affected Scholarship 2023-24 aims to provide financial assistance and educational opportunities to individuals impacted by floods in Pakistan, offering support for two semesters of undergraduate studies.
This program, funded by USAID, helps students stay in college, particularly those from flood-affected areas who might face financial challenges.
Eligibility criteria encompass enrollment in specified semesters, diverse disciplines, flood-affected regions, and proof of impact. The scholarship covers tuition, boarding, lodging, transportation, and academic costs.
Application details are available on the HEC website, with participating universities listed. The scholarship process involves rigorous review and transparency, with funds transferred upon approval.
Important FAQs about the USAID HEC Flood Affected Scholarship 2023-24:
Q: How can I apply for this Scholarship?
Ans: Apply through the HEC Online Application System: https://usaidmnbsp-fas.hec.gov.pk/, and submit the printed form and required documents to your university’s student financial aid office.
Q: What is the application deadline?
Ans: The closing date for online applications is August 16, 2023.
Q: How are candidates selected for the scholarship?
Ans: Applications are reviewed by the Institutional Scholarship Award Committee (ISAC), ensuring transparency and impartiality. The Scholarship Management Committee (SMC) then reviews and approves eligible cases.
Q: Which student can apply for this scholarship?
Ans: Those students who were affected by Flood 2022.